Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Becoming a Morning Person

I am not a morning person. Or, at least, I wasn’t. I literally had the hardest time waking up every morning last semester (even for my 11am class - whoops) and I would literally get up at the latest possible time, throw myself together (if you can call it that) and go to class. I would come back tired, and have a relatively unproductive day.

^^ an actual picture of me in the morning

I don’t know exactly what changed for me this semester, but I have a few ideas. I think living an overall healthier lifestyle, being nicer to myself, kicking ass in the gym, and fueling my body pretty well has helped me find motivation to get up in the morning and #killtheday.

I get up early, pull myself together, and go to breakfast.

I look forward to this everyday and I think this routine is definitely beneficial to me.

I use my breakfast time in the dining hall to relax, get ready for the day, and achieve some extra mental clarity. I sip on my coffee, eat some fresh fruit, people watch, read, socialize - whatever I’m feeling like for the day. It just helps to start my day off on a really good note.

Sometimes I go by myself, and I’ll see friends in the dining hall and they’ll join me. Sometimes I go by myself and relax by myself, which is just as nice. Other times my best friend will join me! I never really know what will end up happening, but it’s always fun.

This semester is incredibly different already than last semester. I just feel good

I don’t know if I can equate even a bit of this to my morning ritual, but I feel like it definitely helps. If you feel like you’re running yourself thin, try creating a little routine for yourself.

If you have big issues getting up in the morning, make it a lunch or dinner ritual! Figure out what works for you, and do what you have to do to make yourself happy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment