- Sweatpants by Childish Gambino
- Jesus Christ by Brand New
- Elevated by State Champs
- Two Lips (Acoustic) by Hoodie Allen
- In Between by Beartooth
- Planes (Ft. J. Cole) by Jeremih
- Twin Size Mattress by The Front Bottoms
- Worldstar by Childish Gambino
- Quick Fast by Audiopush
- Growing Pains by Neck Deep
- G.O.M.D. by J. Cole
- Summer by Real Friends
- What They Want by ScHoolboy Q
- The Lines by Beartooth
- Au Revoir (Adios) by The Front Bottoms
- Slide by Goo Goo Dolls
- Get Away (Remix) (Ft. Kehlani) by G-Eazy
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
I am not a morning person. Or, at least, I wasn’t. I literally had the hardest time waking up every morning last semester (even for my 11am class - whoops) and I would literally get up at the latest possible time, throw myself together (if you can call it that) and go to class. I would come back tired, and have a relatively unproductive day.
^^ an actual picture of me in the morning
I don’t know exactly what changed for me this semester, but I have a few ideas. I think living an overall healthier lifestyle, being nicer to myself, kicking ass in the gym, and fueling my body pretty well has helped me find motivation to get up in the morning and #killtheday.
I get up early, pull myself together, and go to breakfast.
I look forward to this everyday and I think this routine is definitely beneficial to me.
I use my breakfast time in the dining hall to relax, get ready for the day, and achieve some extra mental clarity. I sip on my coffee, eat some fresh fruit, people watch, read, socialize - whatever I’m feeling like for the day. It just helps to start my day off on a really good note.
Sometimes I go by myself, and I’ll see friends in the dining hall and they’ll join me. Sometimes I go by myself and relax by myself, which is just as nice. Other times my best friend will join me! I never really know what will end up happening, but it’s always fun.
This semester is incredibly different already than last semester. I just feel good.
I don’t know if I can equate even a bit of this to my morning ritual, but I feel like it definitely helps. If you feel like you’re running yourself thin, try creating a little routine for yourself.
If you have big issues getting up in the morning, make it a lunch or dinner ritual! Figure out what works for you, and do what you have to do to make yourself happy.
Here are my top picks for this month! I realize not all of you will be into this stuff, and it's not all your "typical" gym music, but I hope you'll be able to find some songs in here you enjoy!
1. Shabba by A$AP Ferg
2. The Story So Far. Every song. Literally.
My faves as of right now are: Quicksand, Framework, The Glass, Mt. Diablo, Stifled, Playing the Victim . . . ok actually, all of them are my favorite.
3. No Good by Knuckle Puck
4. Scylla by R.L. Grime
5. Valhalla by R.L. Grime (Ft. Djemba Djemba)
6. Core by R.L. Grime
7. Kingpin by R.L. Grime (Ft. Big Sean)
8. Woodwork by Knuckle Puck
9. Centuries by Fall Out Boy
10. 7/11 by Beyonce
11. Down Home Boys by Cole Swindell
12. Drown by Front Porch Step
13. Love You Like That by Canaan Smith
14. Close Your Eyes by Parmalee
15. No Role Modelz by J. Cole
16. But Why Would You Care? by Knuckle Puck
17. All About It by Hoodie Allen (Ft. Ed Sheeran)
18. Love Sosa (Remix) by R.L. Grime
19. Covet by Basement
20. But Why Would You Care? by Knuckle Puck
21. No Handz (Remix) by CRNKN
22. Flashlight by DJ Fresh
23. Drop Girl by uz
24. Murda something by XVII Trap